MY QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
My post graduate training includes a (3 year) Master’s Degree in Relationship Therapy. My training has embraced both a psychodynamic and a systemic approach, and I am very happy to discuss the ‘theory’ and ‘methodology’ underpinning my work with any of my clients.
My ongoing professional development and training includes regular involvement in workshops, seminars and academic study.
Recent CPD has included:
- Treating Complex Trauma: Beyond Competency (Pesi UK online)
- Aspects of Love: Attachment-Informed Psychotherapy with Couples (Tavistock Relationships, London)
- Relationships and Asperger’s Syndrome with Prof. Tony Attwood (London)
- Perpetrator Programme Training (Relate, Dorchester)
- Understanding Mental Health Medication (Exeter)
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists), and I am bound by their ethical framework. In the summer of 2021 I was subject to their random audit procedure, and passed successfully.
I have professional indemnity insurance and am registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
I have a Diploma in Supervision.Prior to re-training in this field I worked for twenty years in London as a barrister, specialising in family law, and I have also trained and worked as a family mediator.